THE DUKES HEAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1050649

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 02-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: THE DUKES HEAD, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE DUKES HEAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050649 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 01:20:28.

Location

Statutory Address: THE DUKES HEAD, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Shotesham

National Grid Reference: TM 24650 99136

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 2499 SHOTESHAM THE STREET (north side) 8/114 The Dukes Head 26/11/59 GV II*

Former inn. Tie ends form No.12 on east gable suggesting 1712. Brick with a contemporary timber framed service wing and pantiled roofs. Service wing makes L plan. 2 storeys with attic. 7 bays and further narrow blocked 8th bay to west. Original 2-light mullion and transom windows with metal casements and leaded lights with coloured glass margins. Skewback arches. C19 panelled central front door with a modern bracketted hood. Moulded brick platband and projecting eaves. Curved gables with initials W.M. and P.F.M. (Mingay) to west. Gable-end stacks external to east. Interior with some re-used C17 beams and a fine roll-moulded 4-centred fireplace lintel with an undecipherable carved inscription. Restored C18 staircase with turned balusters. Raised and fielded panelled doors with some L hinges with decorative terminals.

Listing NGR: TM2465099136

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 226691

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing