FLORDON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1050698
Date first listed:
02-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
FLORDON HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FLORDON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050698 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 22:45:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
FLORDON HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
South Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Flordon
National Grid Reference:
TM 18674 97982

Details

TM 19 NE FLORDON

5/16 Flordon Hall 2/10/51 - II*

Farmhouse. Arms on porch of Robert Kemp and Dorothy née Harris thus 1595 - 1612. Rendered and underbuilt timber frame with a brick porch and brick gable-ends to wings. Some C19 brick facing to side and rear. Plaintiled and pantiled roofs. Symmetrical E plan. 2 storeys and attics. Polygonal angle buttresses with moulded stone finials to porch and wings. Porch with ovolo-moulded semi-circular headed arch contained within an ogee-moulded flat-headed surround and surmounted by a moulded pediment. Fenestration mainly C19 and C20 beneath segmental arches; however, 3 original blocked window openings in gables beneath plain rectangular hood-moulds and one surviving 5-light window to north with ovolo-moulded mullions and transom, saddle bars and some diamond glazing. Some similar blocked frames visible inside only. Some diapered brickwork. External stacks to rear and to side wings with octagonal shafts. Interior . High quality timber frame with close studding, some moulded jowls and some ovolo-moulded principal beams. Several original doors of panelled and planked types with decorative H hinges and catches with loop-drop handles. Staircase at either end of main block with original treads at northern end only. Original principal rafter roof.

Listing NGR: TM1867497982

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
226593
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].