QUAKER FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1050729
Date first listed:
29-Nov-1959
Statutory Address:
QUAKER FARMHOUSE, WYMONDHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUAKER FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050729 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 12:08:06.

Location

Statutory Address:
QUAKER FARMHOUSE, WYMONDHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
South Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Wramplingham
National Grid Reference:
TG 11503 06512

Details

TG 10 NW WRAMPLINGHAM WYMONDHAM ROAD (south-side)

4/96 Quaker Farmhouse 29.11.59 II*

Farmhouse. 1643 in vitrified headers on north gable-end. Rendered and underbuilt timber frame with wall posts and wall plates apparent. Returned brick gable-ends and modern plaintiled roof. 2 storeys with attic and a 3-bay frame. Ovolo and ogee moulded central doorframe with large stops. Original fenestration with 4 5-light ovolo-moulded mullion and transom frames with metal casements. 2 gabled dormers with one original 3-light window. Narrow protective plaintiled lean-to roof at first floor level along full length of facade. Small windows with rectangular hood-moulds on gable-ends - mainly blocked. Crow-stepped gables and gable-end stacks with paired octagonal shafts. Original 2-newel stair opposite entrance. Ovolo-moulded beams with barred and ogee stops. Original doors consisting of 3 rebated planks clasping 2 very narrow fielded planks. Unusual clasped purlin roof without reduced principals; cambered collars, straight wind braces and a ridge beam. House believed to have served as a Quaker meeting house in the late C17.

Listing NGR: TG1150306512

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
226570
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Oct 2000
Reference: IOE01/02793/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr E.M Trendell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].