This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST PETER

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER

List entry Number: 1050747

Location

CHURCH OF ST PETER, THE GREEN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Kimberley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1959

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 226506

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 00 SE KIMBERLEY THE GREEN (east side) 6/33 Church of St. Peter 26.11.59

GV II*

Parish church. C12 north nave wall, C15 tower with upper half rebuilt in 1631 as advertised in brick at bell stage; rest C15 thoroughly refurbished in the C19 and early C20. Flint with stone and brick dressings and plain- tiled roofs. West tower, aisleless nave, south porch and chancel. Lower part of tower with flushwork on diagonal buttresses. Upper parts with brick dressings, Y-traceried bell-openings, parapets and obelisk finials. Restored Decorated and Perpendicular window tracery in nave and chancel. C15 tower- arch with double ogee mouldings and polygonal responds. Victorian chancel- arch, screen and fittings. Hammerbeam nave roof dated 1904. Several fine C17 and C18 floor slabs of Wodehouse family. Wall monument to Dame Elizabeth Strutt (died 1651) with coloured marble columns flanking kneeling effigy. Fine C15 and C16 stained glass fragments fill 2 chancel windows.

Listing NGR: TG0715204172

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TG 07152 04172

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050747 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2017 at 06:28:25.

End of official listing