88, 90, 92, WROXHAM ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1050878

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1984

Statutory Address: 88, 90, 92, WROXHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 88, 90, 92, WROXHAM ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050878 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 15:29:07.

Location

Statutory Address: 88, 90, 92, WROXHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland (District Authority)

Parish: Sprowston

National Grid Reference: TG 24694 11596

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 21 SW SPROWSTON WROXHAM ROAD (north)

4/64 Nos 88, 90, 92

II

House, originally in one occupation as Sprowston Court, now divided into three. c.1914 by Oswald P Milne for Mr Hartcup, in a literal Neo-Georgian style of c.1714, following here Sir Reginald Blomfield whose pupil he was, rather than contemporary Lutyens. Red brick with red and orange brick dressings, some black headers, all specially made in Belgium. Black smut pantiled roofs. H-plan with additional service wing to east. 2 storeys with attics. Entrance front with 5 bay centre and 2 bay wings brought forward to form half of H-plan. Centre with 4 arched headed ground floor and 5 first floor sashes with glazing bars. Central bay slightly brought forward. Half column doorcase with open pediment with coat of arms and swags, window above with rubbed brick apron with swags. Wooden modillion eaves cornice, here arranged as segmental pediment. North wing with 2 ground and 2 first floor sashes with glazing bars, south wing with first floor sashes with glazing bars, at ground floor single storey addition. Slightly recessed roof, hipped on wings with single casement dormer, 3 on centre all with hipped roofs and tiles. One main ridge and 2 subsidiary stacks to each of wings. Garden front to south with 3 bay centre with doorcase and 2 three-sided canted bowed bays with parapets, all windows sashes with glazing bars. Addition at north end with 2 sashes. South front with 3 bay centre and 2 bay wings, corres- ponding with entrance front. Service wing to east with on north face and addi- tional brick porch and doorcase. See Who's Who in Architecture 1914 p.155; Country Life 14 February 1928 pp. 215-217.

Listing NGR: TG2469411596

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 228132

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Who's Who in Architecture, (1914)
'Country Life' in 14 February, (1928), 215 217

End of official listing