VILLAGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1050919

Date first listed: 18-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: VILLAGE HALL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050919 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 17:45:10.

Location

Statutory Address: VILLAGE HALL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland (District Authority)

Parish: Marsham

National Grid Reference: TG 19552 24066

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 12 SE MARSHAM HIGH STREET

5/66 Village Hall.

II

Improvement Institute, now village hall, built 1857 of red brick and black pantiles. Single storey 'L'-shaped plan. Facade 3 windows with central porch. Brick rusticated to corners and corbelled brick eaves. 3 light casement windows with flat gauged brick arches with projecting key blocks. Rusticated brick quoins on porch with semi-circular gauged brick arch over entrance with blocked occulus above. Over the entrance an inscribed stone panel. End gable stacks. C19 and C20 extensions at rear not of special interest. Inscription over the entrance door "Mutual Improvement Institution". To the left of the door tablets inscribed "J. H. Warnes, May 10th 1859" and "This Institute was established by George Shreeve, November 2nd 1857". Bricks on porch variously inscribed, including "Miss L. Warnes".

Listing NGR: TG1955224066

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 228026

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing