THE WILLOWS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1050920
Date first listed:
18-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
THE WILLOWS, NORWICH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WILLOWS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050920 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 11:21:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE WILLOWS, NORWICH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Broadland (District Authority)
Parish:
Marsham
National Grid Reference:
TG 19685 24073

Details

TG 12 SE MARSHAM NORWICH ROAD (west) 5/69 The Willows.

II

Former farm house, c.1700 of red brick and colourwashed brick with smut pantile roof. 2 storeys and attics, extended in C18 or C19 with 2 storeys to the north. Facade to east once 5 bays, though C20 2 storey timber frame porch masks central section. Brick plinth, corbelled brick plat band at first floor level, string course at eaves level and clasping pilasters with capitals at each end. Windows inserted in C20. South gable has 2 C20 windows at first floor, and 2 blocked windows to attic. Central sun dial dated 1651. Curved gables at each end with plat bands at attic floor level and gable stacks. 3, C20 flat roofed dormers with casement windows. Hipped roof extension and single C20 extension to north not of special interest. Tie irons in the form of "I. G.".

Listing NGR: TG1968524073

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
228029
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/05268/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David N. Gifford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].