MARKET HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1050980
Date first listed:
03-May-1983
Statutory Address:
MARKET HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARKET HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 00:51:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
MARKET HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Broadland (District Authority)
Parish:
Foulsham
National Grid Reference:
TG 03196 24958

Details

TG 0324 FOULSHAM HIGH STREET

6/4 Market House

G.V. II

House and office. Former Public House, late C17 with earlier core. Brick, pebble dashed and rendered and colourwashed. Pantile roof. Seven windows. Two storey with crosswings. Brickwork circa 1600 at right-hand end. Face of scattered C19, casement windows. Left-hand crosswing at rear has external stair with raised and fielded panel balustrade. The gable, with moulded brick kneelers, has tumbling-in, and re-built chimney with datestone of 1732. Right-hand gable at rear shows evidence of jetty above wrought iron casement. Hipped roof with central axial stack. Stopped and chamfered ceilings beams. Barrel vault over first floor meeting room in left-hand wing. Double roof of hardwood with staggered butt purlins, collars, ridge board and straight wind braces.

Listing NGR: TG0319624958

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
227788
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Nov 2003
Reference: IOE01/11150/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Giles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].