THURNE DYKE WINDPUMP AT TG 40031591

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1050999
Date first listed:
07-Dec-1962
Date of most recent amendment:
07-May-1983
Statutory Address:
THURNE DYKE WINDPUMP AT TG 40031591

Map

Ordnance survey map of THURNE DYKE WINDPUMP AT TG 40031591
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1050999 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 03:49:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
THURNE DYKE WINDPUMP AT TG 40031591

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Great Yarmouth (District Authority)
Parish:
Thurne
National Park:
THE BROADS
National Grid Reference:
TG 40053 15918

Details

THURNE TG 41 NW 4/62 Thurne Dyke Windpump 7. 12.62 at TG 40031591 7.5.83 (formerly listed as Drainage Pump at Thurne Dyke)

- II*

Draining windpump. 1820, restored 1955 by R.D. Morse, 1962 by Thomas Smithdale and Son, 1975 by Norfolk Windmills Trust. Whitewashed brick with timber weatherboarded cap. 2 storey tapering circular tower, raised to 3 storeys mid C19. Segmental-headed doors to east and west. 2 casements to south side. Boat shaped cap with petticoat, fan cradle and fan stage. 8-vaned fantail over gallery, striking chain wheel, worm drive and shortened tail pole. Stocks and sails (but no shutters or spider). Internal machinery intact : windshaft, brakewheel, wallower, upright shaft, crown wheel, pit wheel, drive shaft to external turbine enclosed in iron casing.

Listing NGR: TG4005315918

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
227732
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01066/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr W.E. Butland. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].