32 and 33, The Close


Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1051302

Date first listed: 26-Feb-1954

Statutory Address: 32 AND 33, THE CLOSE


Ordnance survey map of 32 and 33, The Close
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051302 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Apr-2019 at 11:00:42.


Statutory Address: 32 AND 33, THE CLOSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Norwich (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TG 23640 08802


TG 2308 NE 17/201

THE CLOSE Nos. 32 and 33

26.2.54 GV II* Former brewhouse, now pair of houses. J.A.R. 1682 on plaque. Red brick and pantile roof. Double-pile plan, the rear incorporating the medieval brewhouse 2 storeys. 8 bays with single bay left-hand extension and single bay right-hand extension of rear range. Off-centre door to each house with 2-order surround with fluted architrave and small flat hood. String-course between ground and first floors. C18 sash windows throughout with glazing bars. Corinthian bracket cornices. Recessed parapet above cornice to left-hand extension. Hipped roof with 4 hipped-roof dormers having 2-light casement windows. One hipped dormer in right-hand extension.

Listing NGR: TG2364008802


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 228950

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing