CHRIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1051326
Date first listed:
05-Jun-1972
Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH, CHURCH AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHRIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051326 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 10:08:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH, CHURCH AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Norwich (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TG 21615 07327

Details

TG 2107 S CHURCH AVENUE 32/160 5.6.72 Christ Church - II Parish Church. 1872 by J.H. Brown and J.B. Pearce; Builder: J.W. Lacey, completed 1879. South aisle added 1912 by J.E. Burton; porch added 1913 by E. Buckingham, knapped flint with bath stone dressings and red brick bands; slate roof. Aisled cruciform plan with pentangular chancel apse. 2-light windows in north aisle and 4-light west window have geometrical tracery. Perpendicular Slight east window and similar windows in south aisle. Round clerestory windows. Belfry above south transept. Interior nave of 4 bays and crossing has arcade of 2-centred arches on round (north and octagonal (south) piers with highly stylised Romanesque details and finely carved capital on the north side. Arch-and scissor-braced roof on foliated corbels. Some fragments of C15 glass in the porch window. Source: P. Hepworth, Eaton Parish and its Churches, Norwich 1968

Listing NGR: TG2161507327

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
228906
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hepworth, P , Eaton Parish and its Churches, (1968)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Jan 2002
Reference: IOE01/03796/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Smee. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].