This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HALL FARM HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HALL FARM HOUSE

List entry Number: 1051424

Location

HALL FARM HOUSE, TUNSTALL STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Halvergate

National Park: THE BROADS

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Feb-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 228644

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HALVERGATE TUNSTALL STREET TG 40 NW 4/67 Hall Farm House. 20.2.52. (formerly listed as The Hall and Barn.) G.V. II Farm house dated 1815, refronted in late C19. Built of red brick with pantiled roofs. 'T' shaped plan of 2 storeys and attics. Facade to south of 3 bays. Central 6 panel door with stained glass fanlight. Doorcase with panelled reveals, engaged reeded columns and projecting cornice. Sash windows with glazing bars, stone sills and flat gauged brick arches. Hipped roof. End stacks. Lower northern wing of 3 windows has C20 3 and 4 light casements in original openings with flat gauged brick arches. Central C20 porch and inserted door and casement. Northern gable has blank window with gauged brick ogee head containing date plaque and flanked by 2 oval oculi with gault brick reveals and diagonal timber lattice. Interior: C19. Dogleg stair with square balustered and wreathed hardwood handrail. Carved tread ends. 2 and 6 panel doors, architraves and moulded plaster cornices. Fireplaces with cast iron grates. Date plaque contains monogram ERB and date of 1815.

Listing NGR: TG4171407935

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TG 41714 07935

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051424 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2017 at 02:27:53.

End of official listing