CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1051456

Date first listed: 25-Sep-1962

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051456 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 06:27:47.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland (District Authority)

Parish: Freethorpe

National Grid Reference: TG 40867 05507

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FREETHORPE THE GREEN (west) TG 40 NW 4/42 Church of All Saints. 25.9.62 G.V. II* Parish church, medieval and later, restored 1850 for Henry Vade. Built of flint with stone dressings with plain tile and lead roofs. West tower, south porch, north aisle, south aisle, nave, north chancel chapel and chancel. Round tower, probably Norman, partially of coursed flint. Single light west window, single light belfry openings, west and south, conical roof. 2 bay north aisle with off set buttresses. 3 bay south aisle. Mainly C19 south porch. C13 south doorway with moulded base and roll mouldings. Gabled north chancel chapel, c.1850. Single light window in north gable wall. Chimney on north east corner. Single bay chancel. Single light window to south with hood mould and sculpted label stops. 2-light plate traceried east window. All windows C19. Parapet gables. Interior mainly C19. Perpendicular tower arch. 2 bay C19 north and south arcades. Octagonal font bowl on moulded base.

Listing NGR: TG4086705507

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 228619

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing