MARKET CROSS AND TROUGH APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES EAST OF THE SONDES ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1051708
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
MARKET CROSS AND TROUGH APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES EAST OF THE SONDES ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE, A6003

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARKET CROSS AND TROUGH APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES EAST OF THE SONDES ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051708 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 03:34:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
MARKET CROSS AND TROUGH APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES EAST OF THE SONDES ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE, A6003

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Corby (District Authority)
Parish:
Rockingham
National Grid Reference:
SP 86641 91725

Details

ROCKINGHAM A6003 SP8691 (West side) 12/136 Market cross and trough approx. 8m E of The Sondes Arms Public House

GV II

Market cross. Probably C14, rebuilt 1894. Limestone ashlar. Original octagonal socket with broaches on 2, C19, steps. C19 octagonal shaft with foliated cross finial. Semi-circular stone basin attached to base of steps. Metal plaque around shaft has inscription "Rebuilt 1894 on the remains of the old market cross of the village she loved so well. In memory of Laura Maria Watson who died March 21 1893". Watson arms to rear of plaque.



Listing NGR: SP8664191725

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
229918
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/03651/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Lummis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].