NUMBER 35 AND ATTACHED STABLES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1051715
Date first listed:
04-Sep-1975
Date of most recent amendment:
06-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 35 AND ATTACHED STABLES, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 35 AND ATTACHED STABLES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051715 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 03:39:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 35 AND ATTACHED STABLES, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Corby (District Authority)
Parish:
Stanion
National Grid Reference:
SP 91362 86729

Details

SP9186 17/158 04/09/75

STANION HIGH STREET (East side) No.35 and attached stables

(Formerly listed as No.35 (Farmhouse and Barn))

II

House. Datestones 1727 and 1739. Stables probably early C17. House is squared coursed limestone with Collyweston slate roof and stables are regular coursed limestone with thatch and Collyweston slate roofs. House originally 2-unit plan. 2 storeys with attic. Main front of 2-window range of casements and stone mullion windows, renewed C20. Central C20 door and porch. Ashlar gable parapets and ashlar stacks with moulded cornices at ends. Left gable has datestone 1727 in apex and dated quoin TB/1727 and 1739. Rear elevation abutting road has one first floor window and 2 at ground floor with C20 casement windows under wood lintels. Stables are attached to main front of house by C19 single-storey building. Originally probably pair of stables with haylofts over. 2 plank doors under wood lintels and 2 hayloft openings under eyebrow dormers. Ashlar gable parapets, ball finial and carved heads at eaves. Central carved head between hayloft doors. one-unit range to left has Collyweston slate roof and dormer window. Interior not inspected but noted as having an open fireplace.



Listing NGR: SP9136286729

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
229940
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/03641/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Lummis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].