CHURCHYARD WALL TO SOUTH WEST, SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST AND GATES AND GATEPIERS TO SW OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1051980
Date first listed:
15-Feb-1989
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD WALL TO SOUTH WEST, SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST AND GATES AND GATEPIERS TO SW OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD WALL TO SOUTH WEST, SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST AND GATES AND GATEPIERS TO SW OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 13:18:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD WALL TO SOUTH WEST, SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST AND GATES AND GATEPIERS TO SW OF CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Suffolk Coastal (District Authority)
Parish:
Melton
National Grid Reference:
TM2840550569

Details

MELTON STATION ROAD TM 2850 5/41 Churchyard Wall to South West, South & South East and gates and gatepiers to South West of Church of St Andrew. II

Churchyard walls gate-piers and gates. 1866 to 1868 by Frederick J. Barnes. Flat-faced rustic ragstone with limestone dressings. Situated on 2 sides of churchyard with gateway opposite 'south' doorway of church. The low wall has embattled saddle-back coping. The 2 gate-piers and the terminal and corner piers have weathered plinths, quoins and cross-gabled tops, each gable has a round sunken panel with a recessed star shape. Ornate cast-iron double gates with pattern of trefoils.

Listing NGR: TM2840550569

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
361705
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04939/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Routen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].