THE OLD SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052011

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 19-Jun-1992

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052011 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 20:07:45.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Kettering (District Authority)

Parish: Weekley

National Grid Reference: SP 88780 80857

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WEEKLEY SP8880 The Old School 1337-0/15/356 25/10/51 (Formerly Listed as: WEEKLEY The Boughton Estates Office) GV II School, now house. Dated 1624, extended C19. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings, Collyweston stone slate roof with coped gable and ball finials to original block, moulded stone end stack to C19 addition. One storey. Quoins. Original block has entrance to left: door of 3 wide boards in moulded stone architrave (possibly reset) with tablet over, inscribed: "A . FREE . SCHOOLE . FOR / WEEKLEY . AND . WRECKTON / FOUNDED BY . NICOLAS . LATHAM / CLERKE . PARSON . OF . BARNEWELL / S . ANDREW TO . TEACH . THEIRE / CHILDREN . TO . WRITE . AND . READE / ANNO DOMINI : 1624". 4-light ovolo-moulded stone-mullioned window with king mullion and casement-moulded cornice to right. Rest of original front is marked by addition, but there are 3-light stone-mullioned windows with cornices to the gable ends - ovolo-moulded to the north, chamfered to south. C19 wing ovolo- moulded to the north, chamfered to south. C19 wing projecting towards street has a 3-light chamfered mullioned window with transom and cornice in gable end, and 2 3-light chamfered mullioned windows with cornices over in south flank. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP8878080857

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 231182

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing