THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1052019
Date first listed:
07-Apr-1986
Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052019 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 23:40:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Kettering (District Authority)
Parish:
Weekley
National Grid Reference:
SP 88719 80822

Details

WEEKLEY WEEKLEY SP 8880 1337-0/15/359 The Old Vicarage II

The address shall be amended to include the previous listing date

SP 8880 WEEKLEY WEEKLEY 1337-0/15/359 The Old Vicarage 07/04/86 II

---------------------------------------------------------

WEEKLEY SP8880 WEEKLEY 1337-0/15/359 The Old Vicarage GV II Vicarage, now old people's home. 1873 by Sir Arthur Blomfield. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings, plain tile roofs with coped gables and decorative ridge cresting, moulded stone ridge stacks. Tudor style. 2 storeys and attic. 2 parallel ranges with cross-wing to left. South front has projecting full-height porch with board door in moulded Tudor arched surround with hood mould over a 2-light and a 3-light mullioned and transomed window with cornice above, and a coped gable with kneelers and finials. To left of this, is a tall mullioned and transomed stair window and to right 3 bays with a picturesque variety of windows with moulded stone surrounds, the larger ones mullioned and transomed. Plate casements. Cross- wing to left incorporated full-width canted bay at ground floor level, with huge traceried corbels at the angles carrying coped gable with kneelers and finials. 3-light mullioned and transomed windows with cornices to first and attic floors. Range to rear projects slightly to right and a timber porch is embraced in the angle. Similar but plainer details to rear. Interior not inspected. (Buildings of England: Northamptonshire: p450).

Listing NGR: SP8871980822

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
231202
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, (1973), 450

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email EnrichingTheList[email protected].