THE CROFT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052043

Date first listed: 19-Jun-1992

Statutory Address: THE CROFT, QUEEN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CROFT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052043 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 17:33:04.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CROFT, QUEEN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Kettering (District Authority)

Parish: Geddington

National Grid Reference: SP 89270 82843

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GEDDINGTON SP8882 QUEEN STREET 1337-0/14/274 (North West side) The Croft GV II Farmhouse, now house. Probably C17 origin, refronted C19. Coursed limestone rubble and ashlar, thatched roof, moulded stone ridge and end stacks. 2 storeys, 4-window range. 3 right-hand bays, refaced in ashlar, have a 3- light small-paned casement window, a 6-panel door (upper 2 panels glazed) in porch and C20 French window to ground floor, all with gauged stone heads, and 3-light small-paned casement windows with wooden lintels to 1st floor. Left-hand bay of coursed rubble, has a 3-light small-paned casement window to ground and first floors, and a blocked doorwlay to right, all with wooden lintels. Wing to rear, originally a separate cottage, carries the date, 1748 and has been heightened. Interior: left hand ground floor room has inglenook fireplace and door to wide boards. Central ground floor room also has inglenook and stone chimney piecer with cornice within, and a 2-panel door. Right-hand ground floor room has a massive 6-panel door on HL hinges. Beams boxed.

Listing NGR: SP8927082843

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 231066

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing