THE DUKES ARMS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1052050
Date first listed:
25-Oct-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Jun-1992
Statutory Address:
THE DUKES ARMS FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE DUKES ARMS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052050 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 20:06:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE DUKES ARMS FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Kettering (District Authority)
Parish:
Grafton Underwood
National Grid Reference:
SP 92355 80457

Details

GRAFTON UNDERWOOD SP9280 The Dukes Arms Farmhouse 1337-0/16/321 25/10/51 (Formerly Listed as: GRAFTON UNDERWOOD The Dukes Arms) GV II Farmhouse, formerly beer retailers. Dated 1645, later alteration. Coursed limestone rubble with some brick, thatched roof, moulded stone ridge stack, and stone and brick endstacks ` (that to right has brick shafts on a slightly projecting stone chimney with 3 set-offs and diamond-shaped datestone to the upper part). 2 storeys. Lean-to to left of centre has C20 door and window in brick infill. One bay to left of this has a C20 ground floor window and a 2-light eyebrow dormer above. To right of lean-to, the openings are symmetrically arranged: a central C20 door with ashlar jambs and wooden lintel, with 3-light C20 small-paned casement windows on either side to ground floor, and similar windows to first floor flanking a single light window. Flush stone surrounds but wooden lintels. One-storey gabled wing to rear. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP9235580457

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
231081
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08732/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Ashley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].