THE FREE CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052149

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: THE FREE CHURCH, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE FREE CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052149 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 10:42:15.

Location

Statutory Address: THE FREE CHURCH, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: South Stoke

National Grid Reference: SU 59980 83379

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOUTH STOKE THE STREET SU5983 (West side) 10/162 The Free Church GV II

Baptist chapel. c.1820 for the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion. Red brick; old plain-tile hipped roof. Single-storey, single-window range. 4-panel door to centre with overlight. 9-pane horned sash above. Two 24-pane unhorned sashes to left return. Interior not inspected. Included for group value. (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.774).

Listing NGR: SU5998083379

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 361518

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 774

End of official listing