MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052173

Date first listed: 09-Nov-1984

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, DASH LAKE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052173 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 15:31:39.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, DASH LAKE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Cherwell (District Authority)

Parish: Wigginton

National Grid Reference: SP 38958 33393

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WIGGINTON DASH LAKE SP3833 (East side) 11/112 Manor Farmhouse - II Farmhouse. Probably C17/C18 with later modification. Regular coursed ironstone rubble, C20 tile roof. 3 brick stacks, the one on right end has stone base. L-plan. Garden front: 2-unit part to right, 2-storey wing to left. Right part: Single storey plus attic, 3-window range. Off-centre entrance to left has wide panelled door with glazed panel, plain wood surround and wooden lintel. 4-light metal casement to right. 3-light metal casement to left has keystoned flat arch. Three 2-light casements to attic. Wing to left has bay window with hipped Welsh slate roof; 3-light metal casements to first floor with stop chamfered lintel; steeply pitched gabled roof with stone copings. History: John Blount was assessed for 5 hearths at Manor Farm in 1665. When George Blount died in 1700 his house was described as having a hall, parlour, kitchen, out-kitchen and buttery. There were: chambers over the hall and parlour as well as a 'best' and 'middle' chamber; closet and a 'garret'. Interior not inspected. (V.C.H. Oxfordshire, Vol IX, p,160).

Listing NGR: SP3895833393

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 361474

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1969), 160

End of official listing