SCHOOL OF AUDIO ENGINEERING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052222

Date first listed: 20-Sep-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Sep-1994

Statutory Address: SCHOOL OF AUDIO ENGINEERING, CHILLLINGWORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SCHOOL OF AUDIO ENGINEERING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052222 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 00:30:38.

Location

Statutory Address: SCHOOL OF AUDIO ENGINEERING, CHILLLINGWORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Islington (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 31035 85193

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ISLINGTON

TQ3185SW CHILLINGWORTH ROAD 635-1/37/233 (North side) 20/09/54 School of Audio Engineering (Formerly Listed as: CHILLINGWORTH ROAD St Mary Magdalene Community Hall)

II

Former St James's Church, now recording studios and flats. 1837-8 by H.W.Inwood and E.N.Clifton; extended in 1839, the tower added in 1850. Grey brick, now painted, stone and stucco, roof of artificial slate. Some seven storeys of rebuilding behind the original facade which consists now of an off-centre hexastyle portico with stuccoed Ionic columns, plain entablature, and pediment. To the left of the portico, a tower with flat-arched entrance at the base with eared architrave and cornice on consoles; a cornice runs across the tower from the portico, and above it there is a circular window, now with no dressings, flanked by piers; then the open stage of the tower, square in plan, with paired Ionic antae at the corners, entablature, coped parapet and antefixae. To the right of the portico is an answering bay altered on the ground floor with round-arched window over; cornice and circular window. Attic storeys stepped back, all part of the new building. (Historians' file, English Heritage London Division).

Listing NGR: TQ3103585193

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 368723

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing