CHESHAM LODGE TO ROSSWAY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1052329
Date first listed:
29-May-1986
Statutory Address:
CHESHAM LODGE TO ROSSWAY, ROSSWAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHESHAM LODGE TO ROSSWAY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052329 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Jul-2019 at 21:40:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHESHAM LODGE TO ROSSWAY, ROSSWAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
Dacorum (District Authority)
Parish:
Wigginton
National Grid Reference:
SP 95786 06726

Details

WIGGINTON ROSSWAY SP 90 NE (South side) 7/165 Chesham Lodge - to Rossway - II Lodge. Probably 1802 for Robert Sutton of Highgate (main house originally called Rothway rebuilt 1863). Uncoursed knapped flint, steep hipped scalloped red tile roof carried down over verandah on N, E, and S with plain tile verge, carried on rustic posts with slender straight braces. A single-storey rectangular rustic gatelodge with deep verandah facing E onto drive. Corner pilasters and raised surrounds to pointed windows also in flints. Symmetrical E front with 2 2-light pointed casement windows lattice leaded, and central pointed door. One similar window at each end and small gable in centre of each side of verandah. Brick rear extension.

Listing NGR: SP9578606726

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
355802
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/09134/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nick Jarvis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].