HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052330

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1989

Statutory Address: HALL FARMHOUSE, ROWTHORNE LANE, ROWTHORNE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052330 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 22:09:13.

Location

Statutory Address: HALL FARMHOUSE, ROWTHORNE LANE, ROWTHORNE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Bolsover (District Authority)

Parish: Ault Hucknall

National Grid Reference: SK4786864899

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 12/02/2013

SK 46 SE 10/4

PARISH OF AULT HUCKNALL ROWTHORNE ROWTHORNE LANE (West Side) Hall Farmhouse

(Formerly listed under GLAPWELL LANE)

II

Farmhouse. Late C16, extensively remodelled in 1844. Coursed squared sandstone with sandstone dressings. Ashlar front to south. Stone slate roof with moulded coped gables to south, with plain kneelers, and decorative barge boards to north. Two external stacks, with paired ashlar diamond shafts. Paired ashlar diamond shafts to ridge and gable stacks of north wing. Two storeys with attics. Three bay almost symmetrical south elevation, the broad outer bays gabled. Narrow recessed centre bay has a four centred-arched chamfered opening to a recessed porch. Moulded hoodmould. Four centred arched inner doorway with half-glazed gothic door with margin lights. To the right is a large 3-light window with timber mullion and transoms and chamfered stone surround. Chamfered, returned hoodmould. To the left is a canted bay window of 1-3-1 lights, with timber mullions and transom and chamfered stone surrounds. The bay has a moulded plinth, and parapet with moulded base band and coping. Stepped up in the centre. The first floor has a central 2-light window, with timber mullion, set in a chamfered stone surround. Bracketted sill and moulded lintel. Flanked by similar 3-light windows which have returned hoodmoulds. Coped parapet to centre bay has a triangular-headed projection with blind cross arrow slit. The gables have narrow slit windows and the broken remains of finials. East elevation of four bays. Off-centre gabled bay has a chamfered four-centred arched doorway with squared, returned hoodmould and pierced spandrels. Half-glazed door with gothic lights. To the right is a 3-light window with timber mullions and transom, set in a plain ashlar surround. Two similar 2-light windows to the left. Three similar 2-light windows above and a similar 3-light window. Datestone inscribed 1844 and an illegible date. The interior of the south wing has a cantilevered stone staircase with iron balustrade. Top-lit staircase hall four-centred gothic arches.

Listing NGR: SK4786864899

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 79174

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing