TWO CHEST TOMBS ABOUT 10 AND 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1052341
Date first listed:
04-Feb-1988
Statutory Address:
TWO CHEST TOMBS ABOUT 10 AND 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO CHEST TOMBS ABOUT 10 AND 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052341 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 10:42:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO CHEST TOMBS ABOUT 10 AND 25 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Thanet (District Authority)
Parish:
Ramsgate
National Grid Reference:
TR 37027 65304

Details

RAMSGATE HIGH STREET TR 3765 SW ST. LAWRENCE (north-west side) 7/217 Two chest tombs about 10 and 25 metres south of Church of St. Laurence GV II Railed chest tomb to Catherine (d.1840) and Peter Burgess (d.1846). Stone with iron rail. Moulded plinth, with sarcophagus shaped chest, with heavily reeded tapering corner piers. Raised and fielded side panels with chamfered corners, and incised lozenge end panels. Moulded and raised top slab. Spear head rails with acorn finial principals. Chest tomb to George Marten, d.1744. Low chest with moulded plinth and moulded top slab incised with Coat of Arms and inscription.



Listing NGR: TR3702765304

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
171846
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 May 2006
Reference: IOE01/15700/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Keeble. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].