This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

IBSTOCK CLOSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: IBSTOCK CLOSE

List entry Number: 1052528

Location

IBSTOCK CLOSE, THE GREEN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Little Tew

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1956

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 251919

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE TEW THE GREEN SP3828 (North side) 11/109 Ibstock Close 27/08/56

GV II

Farmhouse, now house. C17, enlarged c.1900 and altered early C20. Marlstone ashlar and coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; Stonesfield-slate roofs with ashlar stacks. 2-unit plan, extended to 4 units and further enlarged. 2 storeys plus attic. 3-window ashlar front of earliest range has a central doorway below a 3-light stone-mullioned window, and has 2-storey canted 6-light mullioned and transomed bay windows in the outer bays, above which are gables with stone-mullioned attic windows. All features are probably C20 except for a re-set datestone above the door with 1630 in strapwork decoration. To left are 2 further bays in rubble with renewed 3-light stone-mullioned windows. The right gable wall has original 3-light mullioned windows on 3 floors and there is one similar window at the rear. Most of the rear consists of later extensions. Some gables have stone parapets. Interior not inspected. The house was the vicarage for a period from 1880. (V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, Vol.XI, p.249; Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.691).

Listing NGR: SP3841028644

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 691
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1983), 249

National Grid Reference: SP 38410 28644

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052528 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Nov-2017 at 12:19:51.

End of official listing