HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES EAST OF THE STEPS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1052533
Date first listed:
18-May-1987
Statutory Address:
HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES EAST OF THE STEPS

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES EAST OF THE STEPS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052533.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2019 at 09:59:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES EAST OF THE STEPS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Sandford St. Martin
National Grid Reference:
SP4202028183

Details

SANDFORD ST.MARTIN LEDWELL SP42NW 6/124 House approx. 10m. E of The Steps

GV II

House, formerly partly village school. 1713 on datestone; part probably slightly later. Coursed squared marlstone with some ashlar dressings; Welsh-slate roof with brick stacks. 4-unit plan. Dated half to right, of 2 storeys plus attic, has two 3-light casements on each floor and a central segmental-arched opening, now entrance and adjoining window. Flat arches have ashlar voussoirs. Recessed panel in datestone is inscribed "C/AA/1713". 3-storey left half has a central doorway between 2-light casements, and has two 3-light casements on each of the upper floors. All openings have 3-stone flat arches. Both parts have a chamfered plinth and there is a Victorian post box in the centre of the front. Continuous roof has gable parapets with projecting kneelers, 3 stacks, and has 2 gabled dormers over the right section. Gabled stair tower to rear of right half. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP4202028183

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
251934
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/06988/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Tresise. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].