This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NUMBER 6 AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBER 6 AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

List entry Number: 1052545

Location

NUMBER 6 AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING, NEW ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Great Tew

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1956

Date of most recent amendment: 18-May-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 251863

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT TEW NEW ROAD SP3928 (West side) 12/52 No.6 and attached outbuildings 27/08/56 (Formerly listed as Cottage No.6) GV II

House and outbuildings. 1720 on datestone. Coursed squared marlstone; Stonesfield-slate roof with limestone ashlar ridge stack. 2-unit lobby-entry plan. Symmetrical 3-window front of house has flat-arched leaded wooden cross windows flanking a 6-panel door below a keyed blind oeuil de boeuf containing the date. Roof has gable parapets with moulded kneelers and apex balls, plus a large central stack with plinth and moulded cap. Lower outbuilding range to left has a doorway and a large window with flat arches; smaller outbuilding to right. Interior not inspected. (V.C.H.:Oxfordshire, Vol.XI, p.225; Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.628).

Listing NGR: SP3974828899

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 628
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1983), 225

National Grid Reference: SP 39748 28899

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052545 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2017 at 02:43:21.

End of official listing