This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ROUNDHILL FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ROUNDHILL FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1052570

Location

ROUNDHILL FARMHOUSE, A361

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Great Tew

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-May-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 251825

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT TEW A361 SP33SE (South side) 2/12 Roundhill Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. 1708 on datestone but possibly early C19. Coursed squared marlstone with ashlar dressings; Stonesfield-slate roof. 3-unit plan with rear wing. One storey plus attic. 3-window front has doorway to left of centre, with ribbed door, flat arch and a gabled stone-roofed porch, and has three 2-light stone-mullioned windows with labels; at first floor are gabled 2-light half dormers. Left end wall has 2 similar mullioned windows at ground floor, one blocked, and has, below the gable, a shield-shaped plaque containing arms and the date "MDCCVIII". Gables have parapets and ashlar stacks built up in brick. Small rear wing also has parapet. Interior not inspected. The buildings form an important element in the farm landscape developed by J.C. Loudon c.1810.

Listing NGR: SP3939031146

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 39390 31146

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052570 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2017 at 11:53:11.

End of official listing