This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CEDAR LODGE AND FORMER STABLE COURT WALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CEDAR LODGE AND FORMER STABLE COURT WALL

List entry Number: 1052589

Location

CEDAR LODGE AND FORMER STABLE COURT WALL, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Shipton-under-Wychwood

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 251769

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHIPTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD CHURCH STREET SP 32 NW (south-east side) 3/56 Cedar Lodge and former - Stable Court Wall - II Former Vicarage. 1818. Architect Richard Pace; altered subsequently. Rendered with ashlar end piers and dressings, hipped slate roof with wide eaves, set-back central chimney stack. Two storeys, 3 bays, front altered. Centre in slight break with raised quoins, windows in raised architraves, on ground floor within arched panels (right-hand blocked), glazing bar sashes; central projecting ashlar porch with panelled piers, cornice and blocking course, bivalve doors; modern flanking additions. C20 door to left with small window over. 2:2 bay lower service wing to left (Cedar Lodge). Rear of main part unaltered - 3 bays, arched panels for ground floor windows. Interior retains staircase of 1818 and some of the plasterwork detail (eg cornice in south-west room). Former stable court wall at right angles to east end of Cedar Lodge: central archway with ramped parapet; about 10 ft high and 15 yards long.

Listing NGR: SP2807017883

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP2807017883

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052589 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-May-2018 at 08:22:24.

End of official listing