TWO HERRING MONUMENTS AT NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052687

Date first listed: 21-Nov-1966

Statutory Address: TWO HERRING MONUMENTS AT NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO HERRING MONUMENTS AT NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052687 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 14:02:41.

Location

Statutory Address: TWO HERRING MONUMENTS AT NORTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Vale of White Horse (District Authority)

Parish: Coleshill

National Grid Reference: SU 23558 93787

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COLESHILL SU2393 6/112 Two Herring monuments at north-east corner of chancel of Church of All Saints.

GV II

Chest tomb and raised tombstone. Mid C18. Stone. The raised tombstone has inscriptions on the top, set in 2 columns, well-lettered and with decorative brackets; at the head of each column is a cherub, with an hour glass between. Commemorates various members of the Herring family:- Edward, d.1747; John, d.1748; Joseph, d.1796, The chest tomb has rectangular base; moulded plinth; recessed angles to chest containing attached square fluted, columns with moulded bases and capitals; engraved panels; cornice; moulded lid. Commemorates various members of the Herring family: - on south side Joseph, d.1763, and his wife Mary, d.1812 on north side John, d.1813, his wife Anna, d.1793; and on east end, Joseph their son, d.1810 (of the auditors' office, Somerset House) and his wife Elizabeth, d.1868. Rails of former enclosure removed.

Listing NGR: SU2355893787

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 251499

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing