THE OLD PARSONAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1052711

Date first listed: 10-Nov-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 23-Nov-1990

Statutory Address: THE OLD PARSONAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD PARSONAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052711 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 03:46:06.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD PARSONAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Vale of White Horse (District Authority)

Parish: Buscot

National Grid Reference: SU 22596 98147

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BUSCOT SU29NW The Old Parsonage 1/4 (formerly listed as "The 10/11/52 Rectory") GV II* Rectory, now house. 1703 addition to older house, Stone with a moulded coved cornice and hipped, stone tiled roof. 2 storeys, attic and cellar. S front of 5 bays with 2 gabled and stone tiled dormers, sash windows in reveals with moulded architraves. Elongated stone stacks at each end with moulded caps. E and W fronts of 3 bays with 2 dormers. Entrance now on E front, moved from S, through a 6-panelled door with 3-pane rectangular fanlight, approached by a flight of stone steps with plain handrail. Service wing to N is the remains of the earlier house, one storey and attic of rubble stone with hipped, stone tiled roof. 2-and 4-light hipped stone tiled dormers with modern leaded lights on N front. Cambered brick arches to windows reveal C19 alterations. The interior has a cantilevered staircase with elm hand rail and turned balusters and several rooms with bolection moulded panelling and panelled window shutters and bolection moulded stone fireplaces. Dentil cornices in most rooms. The Properties of the National Trust, 1978, 126.

Listing NGR: SU2259198146

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 251461

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
The Properties of the National Trust, (1978), 126

End of official listing