WALK FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052784

Date first listed: 30-Aug-1988

Statutory Address: WALK FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WALK FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052784 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 23:45:49.

Location

Statutory Address: WALK FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Over Norton

National Grid Reference: SP 33815 30008

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OVER NORTON SP33SW 2/93 Walk Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. Late C18, probably extended early C19 and C20. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; Stonesfield-slate roofs with stone-and-brick stacks. 2-unit plan with rear stair wing and subsidiary ranges. 2 storeys plus attic and one storey plus attic. Symmetrical 3-window front of taller main range, with ashlar plinth and storey bands, has short 6-pane sashes at first floor, but at ground floor has larger windows with 2-light casements flanking the central doorway, which has a moulded stone canopy on shaped brackets; all windows have ashlar segmental arches. Steep-pitched roof has 2 gabled half dormers and gable stacks with stone plinths. Lower 2-window range to left is of 2 builds and has further segmental-arched casements, 2 half dormers and a secondary entrance; ridge stack has a stone plinth. Main range has a tall gabled stair tower, returning to rear from the left, and the angle has been infilled. Lower range has a contemporary rear wing. Interior not inspected. Built between 1767 and 1790. Walk Farm was in Heythrop Civil Parish until 1985. (VCH: Oxfordshire: Vol XI, p132)

Listing NGR: SP3381530008

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253274

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1983), 132

End of official listing