THE FOUNTAIN AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052791

Date first listed: 30-Aug-1988

Statutory Address: THE FOUNTAIN AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE FOUNTAIN AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052791 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 22:29:33.

Location

Statutory Address: THE FOUNTAIN AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Over Norton

National Grid Reference: SP3165028322

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OVER NORTON THE GREEN SP3028-3128 13/116 The Fountain and attached railings

GV II

Memorial pump. Circa 1864. Limestone ashlar and polished pink granite; copper pump with iron fixings and railings. Monument, of triangular plan, has 3 circular limestone columns with flower capitals, from which spring the semicircular arches of an ogee-roofed limestone canopy, the apex bearing a stone cross and the angles projecting as elaborate brackets with scrolls, entablatures and ball finials. Vault extends downwards to a central turned granite column with a volute capital, the pendentives ornamented with shields commemorating the deaths of Col. and Mrs. Henry Dawkins in 1864. Pump, attached to the central column, has elaborate wrought-iron supports, and cast-iron railings extend from the central column and enclose part of the surrounding area. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SP3165028322

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253296

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing