10, OXFORD STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052825

Date first listed: 13-Feb-1969

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Jul-1988

Statutory Address: 10, OXFORD STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 10, OXFORD STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052825 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 17:18:48.

Location

Statutory Address: 10, OXFORD STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Woodstock

National Grid Reference: SP 44656 16684

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOODSTOCK OXFORD STREET SP4416NE (East side) 10/182 No.10 13/02/69 (Formerly listed as No.10 (formerly shown as Nos.3 and 4)) GV II House, now shop and flat. c.1730. Squared and coursed limestone; gabled concrete tile roof; brick end stacks. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Wrought-iron brackets support early C18 shell hood over C18 six-panelled (2 glazed) door. Canted bays have late C19 plate-glass windows. Flat stone arches over C19 three-over-6-pane sashes; gabled roof dormers. To rear, hipped stair projection adjoins gabled early C18 wing of 2 storeys and attic with keyed flat arch over door. Interior: cased beams. Central passage has stone flag floors, and C18 panelled doors; fine early C18 dog-leg with landing staircase to rear has turned balusters set on closed string and ramped handrails. First floor not inspected. Described as "lately rebuilt" in 1746: on site of C16 grammar school. (Information from VCH)

Listing NGR: SP4465616684

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253175

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1969)

End of official listing