This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH COTTAGES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH COTTAGES

List entry Number: 1052833

Location

1 AND 2 CHURCH COTTAGES, EASTEND

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Chadlington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Aug-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 253192

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP32SW 7/11

CHADLINGTON EASTEND (North side) Nos.1 and 2 Church Cottages

GV II

House and cottage, formerly subdivided. C17, possibly partly earlier, and C18. Coursed limestone rubble with squared quoins and wooden lintels; concrete plain-tile roofs with rebuilt brick and rubble stacks. 3-unit and single-unit plans in a single range. 2 storeys plus attic. 3-window front of No.1 to left has, at first floor, two 3-light casements with moulded lintels and, to right, a 2-light casement with a plain lintel; at ground floor are three 2-light casements (one with leaded glazing), the doorway and, to right, a 3-light casement, all with chamfered lintels. The second window from the left was formerly a doorway. No.2 has a 2-light casement at each floor plus the door, set to left; the steep-pitched roof has a C20 dormer, and there is a 2-light wood-mullioned window in the right gable. It is said to have been built in 1763 but may incorporate elements of earlier work. Interior not inspected. Church property until 1920 and sometimes occupied by the curate of the chapelry of Chadlington. (The Hon. T.G. Roche; Historical Notes on Chadlington and its Church, 1971)

Listing NGR: SP3336922058

Selected Sources

Other
Roche, TG , Historical Notes on Chadlington and its Church, 1971,

National Grid Reference: SP3336922058

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052833 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2017 at 12:14:40.

End of official listing