This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GATEWAY AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GATEWAY AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1052860

Location

GATEWAY AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE, MEDCROFT ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Tackley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Jul-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 253059

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TACKLEY MEDCROFT ROAD SP4720 (North-west side) 5/70 Gateway and attached walls 27/08/57 approx. 15m SE of Manor Farmhouse GV II Gate arch and attached walls. Dated 1615. Limestone ashlar. Jacobean style. Chamfered 4-centred arch has simple imposts. Spandrels have shields of arms. Outer piers have niches above imposts. Moulded cornice. Central shaped gable has strapwork and moulded square finial. Smaller and simpler shaped gables to left and right have carved ribbons and shaped panels with to left 'ANO DOM' and to right '1615' in relief. Moulded square finials have projections rather like handles. Short sections of wall to left and right are of regular coursed limestone with stone slate coping, and are approximately 4 metres high. (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire: p803)

Listing NGR: SP4774220378

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 803

National Grid Reference: SP4774220378

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052860 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2017 at 02:29:21.

End of official listing