BARN AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDING AT PARK FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052864

Date first listed: 27-Jul-1988

Statutory Address: BARN AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDING AT PARK FARM, TACKLEY PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDING AT PARK FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052864 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 21:47:15.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDING AT PARK FARM, TACKLEY PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Tackley

National Grid Reference: SP 47757 20088

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TACKLEY TACKLEY PARK SP4720 5/76 Barn and attached farmbuilding at Park Farm - II Barn and attached farmbuilding. Barn is dated 1631 and 1743; attached building to rear is probably of 1743. Mid C20 alterations. Squared coursed limestone. Stone slate roofs. 5 bays. 2 altered segmental-arched doorways have 2-light cross-glazed casements above. Left doorway has mid C20 sliding door in slightly reduced opening. Blocked right doorway has large wood lintel inserted below arch, and 5-light window with glazing bars. Central cross window has stone flat arch. Vents. Left return side has 3 blind painted arches of varying sizes, with stable door inserted in left arch. Gable has similar arch with square opening inserted. Datestone is inscribed JM 1743. Lower building to left has 2 blind openings. Coped gable parapet has blind semi-circular opening. Right return side has coped gable parapet with stone inscribed IH; a small stone below it is inscribed 1631 in a different script. Central blank stone panel has brick surround. Datestone to right is inscribed JM 1743. Blank panel above has cartouche of arms and crest. Owl hole has brick surround. Rear is altered. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP4775720088

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253065

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing