GATEWAY AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES SOUTH EAST OF COURT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052898

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1957

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Jul-1988

Statutory Address: GATEWAY AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES SOUTH EAST OF COURT FARMHOUSE, MEDCROFT ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATEWAY AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES SOUTH EAST OF COURT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052898 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 15:52:49.

Location

Statutory Address: GATEWAY AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES SOUTH EAST OF COURT FARMHOUSE, MEDCROFT ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Tackley

National Grid Reference: SP4797920356

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TACKLEY MEDCROFT ROAD SP4720 (South-east side) 5/241 Gateway and attached walls 27/08/57 approx. 200m SE of Court Farmhouse (Formerly listed as Court Farmhouse and Gateway to SE) - II Gateway. Dated 1620. Coursed limestone rubble, with stone slate and stone coping. Moulded 4-centred arch has decorated keystone and 2 panels with badly-eroded shields of arms above. Moulded entablature has Latin inscription in relief on a moulded panel: ANO DOM DEUS ........ SIRLAN BEAT 1620, and moulded top. Short lower sections of wall to left and right. (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire: p803)

Listing NGR: SP4797920356

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253053

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 803

End of official listing