LOWER DORNFORD FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052906

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1957

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Jun-1988

Statutory Address: LOWER DORNFORD FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER DORNFORD FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052906 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 04:35:20.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWER DORNFORD FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Wootton

National Grid Reference: SP 44921 20552

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOOTTON DORNFORD SP42SW 3/309 Lower Dornford Farmhouse and 27/08/57 attached barn (Formerly listed as Lower Dornford Farmhouse) GV II Farmhouse. c.1800. Coursed limestone rubble; gabled concrete tile roof; brick end stacks. Central-staircase plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Semi-circular arch over early C19 six-panelled (2 glazed) door with fine decorative fanlight. Flat stone arches over mid/late C19 tripartite and 3-pane sashes. Gabled roof dormers. Lower 2-storey range to left, with brick end stack, has cambered arches over C20 door and window. Flat stone arch over doorway to passage through to rear dairy outshut. C18 six-panelled door to rear of house. Interior: early C19 dog-leg with landing staircase with stick balusters. Mid C18 panelling with cupboards and moulded cornice in room to right. C18 and C19 panelled doors. Range to left has mid C18 panelled door to straight-flight stairs. Subsidiary features: 5-bay barn attached to left, with gabled stone slate roof, has mid/late C19 roof structure. On site of deserted medieval settlement and large manor house demolished c.1800. (VCH: Oxfordshire: Vol XI, p269; National Monuments Record)

Listing NGR: SP4492120552

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 252964

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1983), 269

End of official listing