THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052972

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Jun-1988

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052972 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 00:17:12.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: North Leigh

National Grid Reference: SP 38733 13617

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH LEIGH CHURCH ROAD SP3813 (West side) 21/169 The Old Vicarage 12/09/55 (Formerly listed as Vicarage) GV II Vicarage, now house. Late C17, rebuilt c.1726. Squared and coursed limestone; gabled stone slate roof; moulded stone end stacks. L-plan with rear right wing. 2 storeys and attic; symmetrical 5-window range. C20 door with overlight: C17 carved stone brackets to flat hood over chamfered stone-mullioned and transomed cross windows; raised string course; gabled roof dormers. Outshut with stone slate roof to right. Late C18 two-storey wing to rear; rear outshut with concrete tile roof. Interior: fine early C18 dog-leg with winders staircase with turned balusters set on closed string. Early C19 marble fireplace to left. Rebuilt c.1726, when it was reported as being "decayed and ruinous". (Information from the VCH)

Listing NGR: SP3873313617

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 252825

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1983)

End of official listing