GIGLEY FARM AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053020
Date first listed:
29-Jun-1988
Statutory Address:
GIGLEY FARM AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

Map

Ordnance survey map of GIGLEY FARM AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053020 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 11:22:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
GIGLEY FARM AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Hailey
National Grid Reference:
SP3589913881

Details

HAILEY SP31SE 9/91 Gigley Farm and attached farm buildings - II Farmhouse. c.1800. Squared and coursed limestone with ashlar quoins and dressings; gabled stone slate roof; stone end stacks, finished in brick to left. Double-depth plan. 3 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range. Mid/late C19 two-panelled door with overlight. Keyed stone architraves to 8-pane sashes and shorter attic sashes. To rear, 2-storey wing of similar materials adjoins large outshut with C20 Welsh slate roof and large end stack (to kitchen) of stone finished in brick. Interior not inspected but noted as having C19 panelled doors and straight-flight staircase with stick balusters. Subsidiary features: farmbuildings of c.1800 attached to left. Four-bay barn of limestone rubble with gabled stone slate rodf; hipped porch flanked by outshuts to rear; has butt purlin roof inside, and doorway in left gable to foldyard. Shelter sheds to left and at right angles to front left have Welsh slate and asbestos sheet roofs. 2-storey stable with hay loft to rear, with stone slate roof, has gabled loft door to right. Butt-purlin roofs inside.

Listing NGR: SP3589913881

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
252745
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].