MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053030
Date first listed:
29-Jun-1988
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE, 9, MANOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053030 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 12:59:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE, 9, MANOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Bladon
National Grid Reference:
SP4479514586

Details

BLADON MANOR ROAD SP4414 (East side) 20/10 No.9 (Manor Farmhouse) - II House. c.1720 for Thomas Godfrey; late C18 alteration. Coursed limestone rubble, with front of squared and coursed stone; gabled stone slate roof, with concrete tiles to rear; C20 brick end stacks. U-plan with rear wings. 2 storeys and attic; symmetrical 5-window range. Flat stone arches over C18 six-panelled door with overlight set in beaded architrave, and C20 windows; two mid/late C19 gabled roof dormers. Two-storey rear left wing, including later C18 extension, with concrete tile roof, Mid C18 two-storey rear right wing, with stone slate and concrete tile roof. Interior: panelled room of c.1730 to left. Central dog-leg with winder staircase. Segmental stone arch aver fireplace to right. C17 stop-chamfered beam to rear right. Collar-truss roofs with butt purlins. Left side wall and roof of front range rebuilt in 1770s. (Information from VCH)

Listing NGR: SP4479514586

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
252663
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1983)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/04660/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John H. Smith. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].