THE RECTORY AND ATTACHED WALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1053059

Date first listed: 14-May-1952

Statutory Address: THE RECTORY AND ATTACHED WALL, 22, CHURCH GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RECTORY AND ATTACHED WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053059 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 17:08:57.

Location

Statutory Address: THE RECTORY AND ATTACHED WALL, 22, CHURCH GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Witney

National Grid Reference: SP 35576 09409

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WITNEY CHURCH GREEN SP3509S (West side) 11/33 No.22 (The Rectory) and 14/05/52 attached wall GV II

Rectory, now house. Mid/late C17; refronted c.1760. Coursed limestone rubble; gabled stone slate roof; brick end stacks. Two-unit through-passage plan. 2 storeys and attic; symmetrical 5-window range. C20 six-panelled door; pedimented Tuscan stone porch. Timber lintels over 6-pane sashes. Gabled roof dormer with C20 three-light casement. Rear: stair-turret adjoins early/mid C18 rear left wing of similar materials and 2-storey, 3-window range; similar one-bay wing to right. Interior: chamfered beam to left. Room to right has mid C18 fielded panelling, china alcoves flanking fireplace and C17 plank and stud partition adjoining through-passage. 4-bay collar-truss roof with butt purlins; similar roofs to rear wings, of heavier scantling to left. Subsidiary features: tall, limestone rubble, stone-coped wall to rear right extends approximately 8 metres to meet outbuilding to rear of No.20 (q,v.). (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.848).

Listing NGR: SP3557609409

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 252627

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 848

End of official listing