This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TAWNEY'S FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TAWNEY'S FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1053129

Location

TAWNEY'S FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stanton Harcourt

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Oct-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 252395

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STANTON HARCOURT SP40NW, SP40SW 8/311, 11/311 Tawney's Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. Datestone 1647 to left; extended early/mid C18; C20 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble, with C18 brick to rear left and C20 brick in left gable; gabled stone slate roof; brick ridge stack, and C17 stone ridge (originally end) stack. One-unit plan, extended to 3-unit lobby-entry plan. 2 storeys; 3-window range. Timber lintels (some C20) over C20 door with carved brackets to pediment hood, and C20 windows; stone-slate perch and doveholes under eaves and carried across right gable. C20 one-storey extension to right. Rear wing of one-storey one-bay range: originally timber-framed, but walls mainly rebuilt in C20; adjoins bread oven projection to left. Interior: kitchen to right has reversed beam. Central room has chamfered beam to left. Left room has chamfered beam and open fireplace, with heart-shaped steps to chamfered bressumer as in the 1661 extension to The Old Rectory, Standlake (q.v.). Collar-truss roof.

Listing NGR: SP4269105007

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 42691 05007

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053129 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2017 at 09:14:39.

End of official listing