LINCOLN FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED WALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1053154

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: LINCOLN FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED WALL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LINCOLN FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053154 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 19:56:23.

Location

Statutory Address: LINCOLN FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED WALL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Standlake

National Grid Reference: SP 39490 02873

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP30SE STANDLAKE HIGH STREET 10/272 (South side) 12/09/55 Lincoln Farmhouse and attached wall (Formerly listed as Lincoln Farmhouse)

- II

Farmhouse. Late C15; extended to left of door and remodelled in C17; late C19 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble, partly colourwashed, and render over first-floor timber frame to right; gabled stone slate roof, and artificial stone slates to rear; stone left end and ridge stacks; right wing has lateral moulded stone stack. 3-unit plan with cross wing to right. 2 storeys; 4-window range, including gable end of right wing. C20 2-light casements above late C19 half-glazed door with timber porch in second bay from left. Timber lintels and flat rendered arches over late C19 horned sashes. C16 hollow-chamfered round-headed window reset in left side wall of right wing. Rear outshut adjoins C17 rear bay of one storey and attic, and rendered timber frame on high limestone rubble plinth. Interior: former late C15 open hall to right of entry has arch-braced roof; quartered and stop-chamfered beams and joists to inserted C17 ceiling. Partial inspection only. Inventories show that between 1582 and 1627 three rooms were added to the house. Subsidiary features: tall limestone rubble wall on right, extending approximately 40 metres to join The Black Horse Public House (q.v.). (Brigadier F.R.L. Goadby and Standlake Local History Society, Standlake House Survey, No.31).

Listing NGR: SP3949002873

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 252356

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Goadby, F, Standlake House Survey, (1983)

End of official listing