This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, GROUP OF 3 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF NORTH PORCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, GROUP OF 3 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF NORTH PORCH

List entry Number: 1053165

Location

CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, GROUP OF 3 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF NORTH PORCH

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stanton Harcourt

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Oct-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 252382

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STANTON HARCOURT SP4105 21/298 Church of St. Michael, group of 3 chest tombs approx. 20m. N of N Porch

GV II

3 chest tombs, Late C18 and early C19. Limestone. Tomb to south: 2 fielded panels with black-letter inscriptions to each side, and shaped end panels with beaded surrounds. Moulded cornice and capping. Commemorates William Couling (died 1813), his wife Mary (died 1827) and their family. Tomb to west: similar, but inscription panels flanked by raised pilasters, and husk pendants to rear. Commemorates Mary Frailer (died 1790) and others. Tomb to north-west: late C18; similar, but husk pendants and fluted pilasters flank worn inscription panels.

Listing NGR: SP4165505673

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 41655 05673

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053165 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Nov-2017 at 03:00:50.

End of official listing