THE CHANTRY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053194
Date first listed:
09-Mar-1970
Statutory Address:
THE CHANTRY, 4, CENTRE PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CHANTRY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053194 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 17:20:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE CHANTRY, 4, CENTRE PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Alveley
National Grid Reference:
SO 75979 84490

Details

1. 1954 ALVELEY ALVELEY CENTRE PLACE

No 4 (The Chantry) SO 78 SE 33/6 9.3.70.

II GV

2. Dated 1706 and 1725, later alterations, Whitewashed brick plaintile roof; restored brick stacks; coped end gable to right-hand. Two-storey, 2 windows, later diamond-paned casements, keyed lintels to 1st floor; central square- headed doorway with gabled hood; plain brick band at 1st floor level; stone tablet between upper windows inscribed with initials and date 1725; earlier gabled projecting wing to left-hand, whitewashed rubble, plain-tiles, stone coping to gable; 2-storey plain central door; later casement to upper floor; stone tablet above inscribed with initials and date 1706. Poor later features to south end elevation. Church of St Mary. Churchyard Cross and walls, and all the buildings in Centre Place form a group.

Listing NGR: SO7597984490

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
254285
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/07696/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Cox. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].