OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1053250

Date first listed: 18-May-1990

Statutory Address: OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL, GRAMMAR SCHOOL HILL

Statutory Address: OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053250 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 15:00:59.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL, GRAMMAR SCHOOL HILL

Statutory Address: OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Charlbury

National Grid Reference: SP 35693 19179

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP3519 5/79

CHARLBURY PARK STREET (Grammar School Hill) (East side) Old Grammar School

GII School.1837.Coursed squared rubble;slate roofs.Gothic Revival style.Single storey.Right part(school room):Door with three painted panels to right under hood mould.Three tall windows,each with a hood mould have stone mullions and glazing bars in groups of three with painted top panes.Low pitched hipped roof.Left part:flat-headed door to right with ribs and four-centred panelling.Two windows with glazing bars to left,all under hood moulds.Steep-pitched roof.Lintel of central window of right part inscribed: "Ann Walker's Foundation 1667".VCH Oxfordshire 10(1972),154.

Listing NGR: SP3569319179

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 254221

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1972), 154

End of official listing